Wednesday 1 July 2009

Preeti promises to come back with not one but two new releases


But even after getting an entry into Bollywood with a hit film like Mohabbatein, Preeti Jhangiani’s filmi career refused to take off. A slew of debacles followed and the actress settled into matrimony with actor Parvin Dabbas. Ask Preeti who she blames for her inability to make it in films and she says candidly, “I don’t see a point in analysing these things. I can give a variety of excuses like I don’t belong to a filmi family or that I didn’t have a Godfather but I won’t do that. I think every person comes with his or her destiny and I would just put it down to that.”

But now, Preeti promises to come back with not one but two new releases. “I’ve just finished shooting for As The River Flows directed by Bidyut Kotoky. It’s set in Assam and it’s about common people getting caught in the crossfire between the government and terrorists,” she says. Preeti plays a Bengali newspaper editor in this one and in Mono, which is going to be shot completely in London, the actress gets to don five avatars. “That’s because I play an actress who plays five different characters. This is by far the most challenging thing I’ve done,” she adds.

Although Preeti admits that she is not being offered mainstream roles — which she is keen to do — she says that both the films she’s doing are hardcore commercial movies. Is she also worried that the growing competition (Read: Deepika, Asin, Anushka etc) will mean lack of roles for her? “There was competition even when I entered Bollywood, so that doesn’t bother me. I think I have a lot to offer and hopefully, somebody will put their faith in me too. I agree I haven’t reached where I wanted to in my career but thankfully, age is on my side,” she says, putting to rest the pregnancy rumours that have been doing the rounds of late.

She laughs, “It’s ridiculous. Just because I’m married doesn’t mean I’m pregnant too. I want to start my career now, not end it!”
Deepali Dhingra.From:timesofindia.indiatimes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment