Tuesday 24 November 2009

I will do glam roles : Nayathara

I will do glam roles : Nayathara

November 24, 2009



She is a diva alright. No matter how much she tries to brush off that tag, or put aside her bumpy ride at the box-office, she still remains hot. Nayanthara celebrated her birthday on November 18 in Hyderabad with her close set of friends.

The actress, who was in Hyderabad for the last few days completing the shoot of Adurs with NTR, was upbeat when she spoke birthday bash. “It was a normal day and I had just completed the last day of shoot and was getting back to my hotel when I started getting calls from my close friends, who flew down from Bangalore and Chennai to arrange a small get together at a common friend’s place. I felt so happy and special when they gave me this surprise birthday party.”

After the party that went on till the wee hours of the morning, Nayan, the devoted daughter that she is, took the first flight to Kochi to get the blessings of her parents. As of now, she has two films — a Malayalam film with director Shyamaprasad and a Tamil film opposite Arya. A section of the media had reported that she had stopped signing new films and was refusing to wear glamorous outfits these days. Asked Nayan, “Who says so? I will do glam roles and I am open to good offers as long as the script and other factors are favorable. Last year was too hectic for me and now, I’ve decided to pick and choose good roles.”

She is pinning a lot of hope on her new Tamil film Boss Engira Bhaskaran, produced by leading producer KS Sreenivasan. She plays a pivotal role in the film, which starts in Chennai from (Nov 20). She will join the film’s unit in Kumbakonam from the first week of December. The film is directed by Rajesh who directed this year’s sleeper hit Siva Manasulla Sakthi. Rajesh is a good story-teller and the buzz is that the role is tailor-made for Nayan. Music for the film has been scored by Yuvan Shankar Raja. So, will she follow her arch rivals (Asin & Trisha) to Bollywood? Nayan’s firm reply is, “ I’ve never had any Bollywood dreams. So why I should go chasing it? I’m very happy and content doing south films.”

See Nayantara Photo Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment